November 13, 2008

Sequins

Today I'm wearing a vintage hoodie I picked up this week.


It's light yellow and reads "Tobermory, Canada."


It's pretty hard to find decent vintage hoodies, so I'm happy with this one! It's super comfortable, and, though the sleeves ar
e a little short, it fits me well.

Since my outfit is less than inspiring, I thought I'd post some of my favorite vintage items that I seldom get the chance to wear. Let me start by saying that when I am in a store, if something is glittery, shiny, sequined, or just plain outrageous, I am drawn to it. Most of the time I have to suppress my urges, because no matter how amazing the item might be, chances are I just won't wear it. I'm hoping this changes in the future, but for now, my sequin collection is limited. There is, however, one shirt that I refused to give up on:


This little number. It is amazing. I don't even mind the shoulder pads. I have yet to wear it out in public, but I know the day will come!

(My attempt at a non-flash shot)

I also have a matching sequin bag that I scored for 75% off of the already cheap price.


I love this bag almost as much as the shirt, but again, I rarely use it. I think I should just start bringing it everywhere I go. Some of the sequins are falling off toward the bottom, but it isn't too noticeable. It's a great bag with lots of space and lots of pockets.

My favorite item of this post though, is my 1960s coat.


I am in love with this coat. It makes me feel like royalty every time I wear it and transports me to another time, when glamour reigned supreme. However, I feel funny wearing such a beautiful coat with dirty jeans, and so it spends more time in my closet than outside.

Maybe I will make a New Year's resolution to put some of my "less practical" pieces into full effect. I think that sounds good.

On a side note, these:

are incredible. If you like s'mores, you have to find these. But beware--they are highly addicting!

That's all for today. It's Thursday, and for me that means good TV!
(Grey's Anatomy, The Office, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Testees!)

Thanks for reading, and feel free to leave comments! I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments: