March 5, 2009

I want to ride my bicycle...*

It is 50 degrees out right now and, compared to how the rest of the week has been, it feels effing amazing. With all the snow melted, I really do want to go for a bike ride, but for now I'll settle for this cycling-related t-shirt:


I love this shirt. The graphics are awesome, the colors are perfect, and it is unbelievably soft. Circa 1990.

Back view:


I love that font!

I rode my bike constantly over the summer, and as soon as the weather starts to get consistently warmer, I can't wait to ride it again. It looks so sad and lonely sitting in my garage.

I mean, check this beauty out!



I have a different seat now, though (Fuji!), and so it looks even better. My bike is a former 10-speed 1970s Schwinn Sportabout turned single speed. I bought it off of eBay a few summers ago, and it is still in amazing condition. Some minor work has been done but overall it is a solid ride. I need to move somewhere warmer so I can ride my bike every day!

I have a few good bike jerseys I've found at thrift stores that I'm sure I'll get around to posting eventually, and Mat has an awesome collection of vintage jerseys, including a Nike cycling tank top.

Who's got love for their bike?

*I was singing Queen, by the way, in case you couldn't tell.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I would have never guessed you would even have a vintage ride. ;) I've got love for my bike, too! I think it's a 2005 model though.

Charmaine Li said...

love the neon print!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!